Psychological and Counseling Services
In a country setting
Sensitive, confidential and effective help for mental, emotional or relationship difficulties.
· EMDR for trauma-related issues
· Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT) for sexual and anger-related issues
· Skills development and communication for relationship issues
· Research-based best effective treatment practices used where possible
· Brief treatment used where possible
· More than 40 years experience as a practicing psychologist
· Experienced with most treatment issues, most cultural styles, most special needs, most interpersonal styles, most client ages and developmental needs.
· Have provided clinical training and supervision for roughly 75 professional counselors and 80 practicum students as the Director of Counselling Services for the U. of Lethbridge, the Clinical Supervisor for the John Howard Society of North Island, and the Clinical Supervisor for the Nuu-Chah-Nulth Tribal Council.
· A quiet country home office in Coombs means complete privacy and confidentiality, a less formal atmosphere and reasonable professional fees for Parksville and Qualicum Beach clients.